Author Topic: Moga works with Mupen? Yes  (Read 3796 times)

Offline King

• bit
    • View Profile
Moga works with Mupen? Yes
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:36:26 AM »
I haven't seen any thread dedicated to the Moga yet, if there is please delete this thread. I wanted a place for anyone with the Moga to be able to post any test results the have. I also wanted a place for members to place games they want tested using the Moga so that those of us who have one can test games that the members want.
So far my games list consists of:
Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Kart 64
Killer Instinct Gold rev2
Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness

These games are being tested on the Tmobile Vibrant Android 4.2, and the HTC Glacier (Tmobile Mytouch4g) Android 4.0.4
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:53:08 PM by King »

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Moga controller results and game list
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »
How well does the MOGA perform with the latest release candidate?
http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg7726#msg7726

If you discover any issues, please check out the Controller diagnostics menu located under the Advanced menu, and report your observations.  I want to ensure MOGA support when the project is released to the market.  Thanks!
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline King

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 03:47:08 PM »
The results of my testing are in. I can CONFIRM the moga works with the Mupen64Plus AE when used in conjunction with the Moga universal driver app found for free on the market. The games listed above all work though with some games button remapping is needed for functionality. With some games you simple can't have full functionality, like Mario 64 because the moga doesn't have as many buttons as the N64 controller. During my testing I found no issues, no lag, no screen flicker etc. Everything worked and ran smoothly!

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
Cool!  True analog then?
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline King

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 04:49:24 PM »
Yes, and you just gave me a great idea. I never even tried to remap the right stick to the C buttons. If that works then we can have full functionality with Mario 64. I will edit this thread momentarily as I check that out. It does work, you can assign the C buttons to the right stick whoohoo!!