Author Topic: Analog Controller FAQ and Compatibility List  (Read 171055 times)

Abinav Katuru

Re: Analog Controller FAQ and Compatibility List
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2013, 10:04:12 AM »
ok thanks everybody for the tips

Offline kiel379

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2014, 06:56:18 AM »
Hey all. I need some advice!
I have a official n64 controller with a N64 to usb adaptor. The problem is that the analogue stick only moves at it slowest setting. For example in zelda link can only walk. I have tried all the inbuilt mappings and mapped it manually but the same issue keeps happening. I had this happen on project64 for pc as well and in the end I had to download a specific plug in for it to work. Could I use that plug in on super 64 or is their another way around it. Cheers!

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2014, 07:53:49 AM »
In the mapping screen, change the sensitivity to a higher number.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2014, 08:06:30 AM »
There is the Sensitivity setting in the button-mapping section.  --EDIT-- Haha, littleguy beat me :) 

I had this happen on project64 for pc as well and in the end I had to download a specific plug in for it to work. Could I use that plug in on super 64

I would recommend uninstalling SuperN64 and install Mupen64Plus AE instead.  SuperN64 is just a clone of an outdated version of Mupen64Plus AE, and who knows what else the publisher might have added to the code.. I'm suspicious of anyone who publishes a clone of an app that is already free on the Play Store (they must have some motivation for doing so, and I suspect it isn't the end-user's interests)

But to answer your question about whether a plugin compiled for the PC could be used in the app, short answer is no.  Plugins compiled for the PC will not work on most Android devices, due to different CPU architectures (ARM vs x86).  Besides that, Project64 is Windows-specific, so even if you had an x86 Android device, there is a good chance any custom plugin for Project64 is leveraging Windows-only APIs.  And even if that isn't the case, plugins written for Project64 won't always automatically work on even the PC version of Mupen64Plus.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline patrickwwallace

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2014, 08:51:41 PM »
Hi, I was wondering about the compatibility of PS4 controllers.  I've seen online where they are supported by the use of wires and adapters and wirelessly.  I don't have the cables and adapters, but when I try to pair my device to my Nexus 10 tablet it sticks.  When I begin the pairing process by holding down the 'share' and 'home' button on the controller, the tablet recognizes it as a potential bluetooth device, but once it attempts to pair them together, it gets stuck in the pairing process and doesn't move.  I'm aware that no one may be able to help me with this issue since it seems to be with the tablet and not the software, but if anyone does that would be great.  I'll probably have to order an OTG adapter, as mine broke.  I did see that PS4 controller support was added in the last update of Mupen64 AE, and so I thought you might have some information.  Thanks very much and I hope I'm not crossing boundaries by posting this here.    :)

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2014, 02:30:03 AM »
Not sure how it'd work with a ps4 controller but on the Nexus 7's you could rename the wired ps3 & xbox360 hardware profiles / button mapping with the hardware pid from a wireless controller.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792531
Why would you need an otg cable though? can't you just use a double ended micro usb cable?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 02:34:46 AM by Mikhail »

Offline patrickwwallace

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2014, 12:50:25 PM »
Oh, you know, that was just ignorance on my part.  I don't know why I was compartmentalizing the PS4 controller with the Xbox 360 one.  Thanks! :)  I'll give that a try.

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2014, 05:36:49 PM »
It should work with the ps3 profile if there isn't a ps4 one, since the ps4 controller emulates as a ps3 controller in usb mode on a ps3.

Vendor_054c_Product_0268.kl is the ps3 profile.

You should be able to copy & rename it as the ps4 controller
Vendor_054c_Product_05c4.kl

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:03:49 PM by Mikhail »

Offline epidemic

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2014, 05:26:39 AM »
Hello

Great work beeing done here guys :)

Got a Nexus 7 with 4.4.2

Was hoping I would get my Raphnet gc/N64 cable to work with your emulator, but it doesnt seem to work.
I bought a usb->usb micro B. ( this should be an OTG adapter right?) I got no response from the controller what so ever in mupen, tried diagnostics aswell, but no respons there either.

Anyone got a clue how to get this up and running? Planning to check how Zelda OoT speedrun practice would work on it :)

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2014, 06:13:25 AM »
An OTG cable is slightly different than a normal USB to Micro USB cable.  There is a sense pin that has to be grounded to tell the device to use the port in host mode.  It is actually an easy modification of you aren't using the cable for anything else.  For example, see step three here: http://makezine.com/projects/usb-otg-cable/
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2014, 07:24:56 AM »
You can also buy them pretty inexpensively.  Just search for OTG on ebay or amazon.

The raphnet adapters are known to work with the app.  If nothing registers on the controller diagnostics screen, then it's not an app problem; rather the problem lies somewhere in the hardware/connection/operating system.
OUYA, retail version

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2014, 10:39:54 PM »
I got a DualShock3 myself this week and I found the following is needed to get it to work with a Nexus 7 2013.
First you need to assign the controller the MAC Address of your Android device, turn on
Bluetooth and goto about tablet, status take note of the Bluetooth MAC Address it normally ends 1 hexadecimal lower than your WIFI MAC Address, now download

PS3 Controller Pairing Tool
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poke64738.ps3pairingtool&hl=en
or
SixaxisPairTool
http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/tool.html
I needed to use v2.3 on my WinXP x86 32bit instead.

Pair it with the Bluetooth MAC Address you where given earlier.
Next do a full adb backup of your Android device.
Now you have to root your device, this is required because the communication protocol requires extra
permissions to standard bluetooth, during the root process it unocks your bootloader which in turn wipes your device settings and app data, no worry though as you can restore your device back as it was with your adb backup.
Next download, job done.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en_GB

Offline iamknoware

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2014, 11:18:59 AM »
I am trying to use a wireless Xbox 360 controller with the official usb adapter, connected with a OTG adapter. When I plug it all together and turn the controller on, it just blinks like its waiting to sync. Also I am not sure if my OTG adapter is an OTG, because I bought it off ebay, but it does work when I plug a usb drive into it. Is it supposes to sync automatically once plugged in?
I have a Note 3 running the latest android. Thanks.

Offline Idodobird

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2015, 12:55:35 AM »
My wireless xbox controller doesn't work I don't know why in multiplayer, Player 2 always stays on.

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2015, 10:42:52 AM »
What do you mean, it is always "on"?  The lights on the controller?

Do all 8 steps on this link and report back here.
http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=877.msg8371#msg8371
OUYA, retail version