Author Topic: Bad luck..  (Read 5178 times)

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
Bad luck..
« on: June 16, 2016, 07:53:09 AM »
Hey, sorry I have been absent.  The hard drive failed on my computer (again -- this is the second one).  This time I wasn't able to recover any of the data, so I had to start from scratch.

Unfortunately when I went to try and recreate the auto-build environment, I discovered that the Android SDK has changed and the old way of building from the command line needs to be altered (wasn't able to easily find older versions of the SDK -- probably a good time to upgrade anyway).  I've been dealing with some other issues as well, so haven't had a chance to look into this (a run of bad luck, I won't go into now).

I should have some time this weekend to try and get the auto-build system running again.  I'd also like to publish an update to the play store.  I'll need to dig through some system backups to find my signature keys first.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
Re: Bad luck..
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 12:05:51 PM »
Man,that must suck. :(
You deserve high grade SSDs or the least failure prone hard drives,feed a black cat some really good food and see if that helps.  ;D

What do you think about PJ64 making its way to Android?

At least Mupen64Plus AE's auto builds are at a really good version on the newest master build,after that,GLideN64 took a nosedive in performance for Nvidia chipsets some reason,even the EGL variant fzurita made in one day didn't fix performance,but that makes graphics so much better for supported devices,making near-plane clipping and depth compare work properly!  :)

Fzurita was thinking about trying Vulkan which should help performance quite a bit and could even be utilized fully for Qualcomm chips and other supported types,so that's a bonus,now if only Dolphin could get some devs to make a Vulkan backend.

Offline fzurita

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 02:47:18 PM »
You may have misunderstood me. I didn't say I would port to Vulkan. That would be a monumental effort for me and it would take months time.

I did say that I think it would help a lot with performance.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 03:30:49 PM »
Oh well then,don't matter as much for anything that can use the EGL variant anyway,but you made great lengths for non-Nvidia performance boosts,still makes the ES 3.x variants very limited with missing support for various features.
If 3.2 can be used for the handful of device drivers shipping it,maybe a bunch of missing features will then work such as full support for near-plane clipping and proper depth compare.

Please inform me ASAP when you have something ready to test.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:48:48 PM by retroben »

Offline fzurita

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 09:10:52 PM »
Paul, I would recommend switching to gradle/Android studio for builds. It's the recommended build environment now. I have created some Gradle files in the tools durectory of the project.