Author Topic: Auto Build and Mupen64PlusAE Version 4?  (Read 47931 times)

Offline jeffmaas4887

• byte
    • View Profile
Auto Build and Mupen64PlusAE Version 4?
« on: July 15, 2016, 08:21:23 AM »
I was wondering what is an Auto-Build?

Also, I was wondering when ever Mupen64PlusAe comes out will it have a integrated updated system with tech from Everdive64 to get all the N64 games to work including rogue Squadron and Batlle for Naboo and others that do not work at this time?

Thank You! 8)

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Build and Mupen64PlusAE Version 4?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 02:47:01 PM »
I added CXD4 LLE RSP. I was able to boot rogue squadron just fine with GLideN64 and CXD4 in LLE mode. Although, it runs a little slow without a high end device.

Offline the grapefruit

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:30:59 AM »
Hello,
about Rogue Squadron:

It  launched for me, using GLideN64 with medium accuracy, it works like half speed (even if I turn the game speed to 300%).

The bad thing is that if I use the "fast GLideN64" setting, the screen appears not centered, with a huge black block on the bottom (not sure if the core is unnable to render that portion of the screen or if it just that the screen is moved to the top showing that blank black space) on the other hand the speed issue dissapears.

Not sure if changing the resolution could help to fix, made a couple of tests with no success.

Offline the grapefruit

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:57:04 AM »
After reading this:
http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=10675.msg25046#msg25046

Tried that but I don't have the angrylion profile, So I used de Gliden64, and messed around with the other settings trying to tilt what I assumed it would help to make things faster. The game launched and run really slow . So I went back to the default gliden64 fast and surprusingly the screen issue was fixed and the game run flawlessly.

Sadly, today morning I tried again and the issue went back, Tried the profile switch to see if I got it to work propperly again with no luck.

I will try to duplicate the fast gliden64 preset and change the settings to see if I get to make it work better (attached a picture of the bug)

[img]https://imgur.com/a/olH07[img]

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 01:57:44 PM »
The angrylion plugin is no longer necessary, in fact the game would work slower than with Gliden64, the problem of the black bar appears to me in some games when activating the option Widescreen Hack in gliden64 tries to activate / deactivate that option to see if it fix.

For the speed problem try to disable the option enable noise emulation to me it caused a fall of fps with that option activated.

Edit: Oops I was wrong, the problem of the black bar only happens with the option enable frame and / or depth buffer deactivated has nothing to do with the Widescreen Hack.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:35:29 PM by Sobziiro »

Offline the grapefruit

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 04:13:06 PM »
The angrylion plugin is no longer necessary, in fact the game would work slower than with Gliden64, the problem of the black bar appears to me in some games when activating the option Widescreen Hack in gliden64 tries to activate / deactivate that option to see if it fix.

For the speed problem try to disable the option enable noise emulation to me it caused a fall of fps with that option activated.

Edit: Oops I was wrong, the problem of the black bar only happens with the option enable frame and / or depth buffer deactivated has nothing to do with the Widescreen Hack.

Thanks I will try this when I get Home!

Offline the grapefruit

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 09:41:14 AM »
THIS DID THE TRICK!! ;D

Audio is still a little choppy but is playable now.

In fact I could not defeat the damm tie fighters of level two!  ??? , I'll have to use the force later on.

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 03:04:33 PM »
For the audio try this, in the main screen of the emulator slides to the right, then go to settings> audio and activate / deactivate the option time stretch audio or also in the option Samplig Rate to best for hardware (or set by game depending on which is activated), first try one of the two.

Another thing I can think of for speed is to deactivate the expansion pack since the game seems to apply a small antialising effect with the expansion pack activated which may reduce performance a bit, I'm not entirely sure about this but when I deactivate the game I think it is more fluid (still the game keeps running at the same speed) but you can try and see if it works.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 07:10:53 PM by Sobziiro »