Author Topic: Beta Testing Has Begun!  (Read 817049 times)

Pau

Re: Beta Testing Has Begun!
« Reply #705 on: June 24, 2013, 04:12:54 AM »
I'm the German translator who (re-/)translated 152 out of 276 original strings.
Again I overhauled the whole translation and translated new strings. I did 92 menu strings again, and 21 Market strings. German is at 100% again.

It seems like user Wandschrank is either a troll or does not master the German language. He fucks up perfectly translated strings or translates new ones very bad. I think we should block him from translating. Whereas the user ecsv does a relatively well job.

Ok, Wandschrank is an idiot and ecsv is an idiot too but occasionally does something right? Are you kidding me? Are you really thinking that you are the only person here who does something right - the god like figure who we should all praise? Maybe you should get down from your horse and check whether your excrement stinks too.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:17:27 AM by Pau »

Offline Evil King Stan

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 24, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
And thus the thread degraded into a troll-fest of mindless insults all utilizing horrendous grammar.

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #707 on: June 24, 2013, 05:08:28 PM »
 ;D
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Pau

« Reply #708 on: June 25, 2013, 01:14:10 AM »
And thus the thread degraded into a troll-fest of mindless insults all utilizing horrendous grammar.

Would you be so kind to correct the grammar mistakes?

Offline JUMPhil

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 27, 2013, 01:42:17 PM »
It seems like user Wandschrank is either a troll or does not master the German language. He fucks up perfectly translated strings or translates new ones very bad.

The latter is less worrisome to me than the former.  My main concern would be that if he translates something inaccurately, that he doesn't allow anyone to fix the problem.  Is that happening in this case?  Also, how often has he re-translated something that is already accurately translated? (just wondering the scope of the issue.. since I don't know German myself, I am relying only on what you say)

Yes, he translates many new strings wrong: If I would not have read all the English strings, I would have gotten a lot of meanings of the strings wrong. I can't give you numbers.

ecsv already tried to clean the mess a bit, and did this quite good. However he had also gotten some meanings wrong because of the wrong translations.

Although Wandschrank's work is kind of him, I think it is unfortunately damaging the translation a lot.

I'm the German translator who (re-/)translated 152 out of 276 original strings.
Again I overhauled the whole translation and translated new strings. I did 92 menu strings again, and 21 Market strings. German is at 100% again.

It seems like user Wandschrank is either a troll or does not master the German language. He fucks up perfectly translated strings or translates new ones very bad. I think we should block him from translating. Whereas the user ecsv does a relatively well job.

Ok, Wandschrank is an idiot and ecsv is an idiot too but occasionally does something right? Are you kidding me? Are you really thinking that you are the only person here who does something right - the god like figure who we should all praise? Maybe you should get down from your horse and check whether your excrement stinks too.

Calm down...

I never said Wandschrank was an idiot, I don't know what's going on with him. Maybe he's just a nice person who wants to help, but is bad at German.

I said ecsv is doing quite good, he even slightly improved some of my translations.
I never said he's bad, or even an idiot.
I just wanted to also give some feedback about him, if Paul was wondering.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:43:54 PM by JUMPhil »

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 27, 2013, 02:31:55 PM »
Would be best for everyone if you guys could try working this out on your own first.  It's probably premature to ask Paul to intervene at this juncture.  Transifex has some tools for communicating with the German translation team.  I suggest you try that route first.  And technically the team is composed of more than just you three, so perhaps the others can add weight to your arguments.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline gazdaman

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 30, 2013, 05:13:12 PM »
Hey guys,
I see that the official branch of mupen64plus is getting a new v2.0 release on the 4th July.
http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/ReleasePage

Just wondering if this will bring any exciting additions / enhancements / optimizations to the Android port?
Cheers
Asus TF101, Overclocked to 1336mhz. Undervolted 100mV
Sony Xperia Play R800a, over clocked to 1200mhz.
OUYA.

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 30, 2013, 06:01:49 PM »
Actually, we've been pretty up-to-date with the bleeding edge of the emulator for many months now, thanks to Sven Eckelmann, one of the main upstream devs.  What's on google play right now is essentially v 1.9999999 :).  They've made a few enhancements to the input config API and video resizing APIs, which is part of the rationale for the major revision number update.  But those enhancements do not impact the Android edition since the issues they address are already addressed in other ways in the Android port.  So, nothing will really change in the Android version once they release Mupen64Plus 2.0.

On the other hand, we've made some progress on the glide video plugin (even since the last release) and it will probably become the new default soon.  If you give that a try in the next release, I think you'll be pleased with the performance and compatibility boost.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:03:29 PM by littleguy »
OUYA, retail version

Offline gazdaman

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 01, 2013, 03:54:12 PM »
Thanks for the detailed reply Littleguy.
Looking forward to trying the next version once it is ready.
Cheers
Asus TF101, Overclocked to 1336mhz. Undervolted 100mV
Sony Xperia Play R800a, over clocked to 1200mhz.
OUYA.

Offline DonzBegonz

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 04, 2013, 02:07:26 AM »
I just want to say that other than some lag in a few games, (Mario Tennis, Conker's Bad fur day, Spiderman, etc), that I am VERY EXCITED about this new GLIDE plugin!! Holy man does this one look good! By far the fewest graphical glitches that I have seen! I have absolutely no doubts that this one will become the new standard because it simply works and looks the best. Like seriously, don't even try to play Spiderman64 with the other plugins. Glide however works awesome. I can't even explain how excited this plugin makes me.

I can't wait to see how much better it gets. It's still not perfect, but I think it has the best foundation that could eventually become perfect. All I've seen that it needs is a speed boost and some very rare graphics fixes.

I run Mupen64 AE on a Nexus 7 running android 4.2.2

Offline rmean

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 04, 2013, 04:23:34 AM »
Just discovered the Gilde Plugin and it's awesome. It may lag a bit, but just turn the resolution a bit down and it runs great. Hope there will be a lot improvement in that matter.

Great to see that this old system (N64) is still getting so much love :)
Check out my YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/rsrmean :)

Offline nscxp2005

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 04, 2013, 06:44:48 AM »
This is great news about the next release of Glide64.

I would love to see Glide64 have Hi-Res Support. That's would be awesome.

Really looking forward to the next release of Mupen64Plus.
Device: Sony Xperia Z3
CPU: 2.5 GHz (Snapdragon 801)
GPU: Adreno 330 | RAM: 3 GB
Screen res: 1920 x 1080 | ROM: Stock 5.1.1

Nexus 7 (2013)
CPU: 1.5 GHz (Snapdragon S4Pro)
GPU: Adreno 320 | RAM:  2 GB
Screen res: 1920 x 1200 | ROM: Stock 5.1.1

Offline OnijJoku

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 04, 2013, 10:33:22 AM »
The Glide64 looks pretty promising! With a game like Paper Mario, the encounter with Bowser, the game gets obscured with GLN64 or Rice... But on Glide64, though sluggish, but no broken graphics!
Device: T-Mobile MyTouch 4G
Resolution: 480 x 800
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon
CPU: 1 GHz Scorpion
GPU: Adreno 205 245 MHz
RAM: 768 MB RAM

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Resolution: 1080 x 1920
Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
CPU: Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
GPU: Adreno 330
RAM: 3 GB RAM

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 04, 2013, 11:32:43 AM »
You can thank @Kris for porting the glide plugin to Android.

The next release should see a significant improvement in playability for the glide plugin.  For a sneak peak, install the test version here:
http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=1098
OUYA, retail version

Offline DonzBegonz

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 04, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »
It will be great if we can keep seeing improvements for the new Glide64 plugin.

This seems likes it is the closest thing we will get to a "one size fits all" sort of plugin. Hopefully we won't have to tweak too many settings to get it to run well.

Really looking forward to seeing your excellent work continue.