General > Paul's Projects

Commodore 64 emu, OUYA

(1/3) > >>

Paul:

I decided to see what it would take to port one of the Android Commodore 64 emulators to OUYA.  Took a look at FrodoC64 today.  The project was pretty ancient and took a lot more work to fix than I anticipated (lots of stale reference errors - my recent work with SDL 2 and "Issue #30" helped me solve those).  Here's a short video I made after I got it running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y43FJsLqzIY

Should just be a matter of tweaking the UI to make it navigable with the controller, and correcting for overscan.  I probably won't work on this for a couple weeks though (too many other things on my plate at the moment!)

onthebridge:
If you are trying to fill the gaps in the android emulators ecosystem, the most uncared one is the amstrad cpc  :D

Paul:
Nah, I just wanted to play the Commodore 64 on my TV, and none of the Android versions really work for the OUYA.

xperia64:
Just out of curiosity, can you enable .t64 support? FrodoC64 4.1 says it supports tape images but the current android frodo cannot

Paul:
This is based directly on the Android port, so I'll have to see why it was disabled and if it can be enabled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version