Author Topic: Hires_textures  (Read 5271 times)

Offline mickerocknroll

• bit
    • View Profile
Hires_textures
« on: March 31, 2013, 09:52:42 AM »
Hi
Sorry if this already been covered. Iam just wondering when we will see a emulator that fully supports ext. textures. At least in Zelda OOT all textures wont load, for a reason. I have tried differentpacks, same storry.

I have also tried n64oid wich i suppose use the same video plugin? Cause its not working there either.

In the meantime, isnt it possible to emulate a pc n64 emulator, to emulate n64..? Hehe, maybe not...

Offline baizen

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: Hires_textures
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 01:21:34 AM »
I did get most of the Hi-res textures in both ocarina and MM working with n64oid around 8 months ago. And as far as I know, this one also supports them
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900T
Asus Transformer Prime

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 07:15:44 AM »
Just to confirm we're on the same page, hi-res textures are supported using the gles2rice video plugin (Settings->Plugins).  You then specify the hi-res texture pack in Settings->Video, in the very last two settings on that page.  Does it not work even after you try this?  If they don't work in n64oid, then it would seem to be a problem with your particular texture packs.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline mickerocknroll

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »
No the texture packs works, to a certain degree.. it wont show all the hires textures.. uh, the game gets mixed with old textures and new ones. Ive tried several packs, same thing.

One thing thou, pauls n64 emulator shows more of the new textures than n64oid. So it shouldnt be the pack neither. I have a optimus g if it helps.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:46:38 PM by mickerocknroll »

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:47:44 PM »
Some texture packs are more than just texture replacements (they include mod files as well).  Rice does not fully support this type of texture pack (they are meant for Glide64 I believe).

Also, I recall there used to be a potential problem if a texture pack contained extraneous files in it (readme's, templates, etc).  Could you post a link to one of the problematic texture packs, and I'll take a look to see if that is happening in this case?
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline mickerocknroll

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 12:51:23 PM »
Thank you very much. I will try to find the url, not sure i can...

Offline mickerocknroll

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 12:56:57 PM »
Okey, i think i tried some with this. I have tried 3 or 4 different. Can it be the romfile that makes the problems appear?  Who knows what someone have done to the header etc.,

http://www.mediafire.com/?bvs3mcap8c5jb64 [nofollow]

Pau

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 03:04:01 AM »
Texture packs are extreme ROM version dependend. Even the slightest change in the texture or palette inside the rom will result in a new texture id. So you need the right ROM for the texture pack.

Pau

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 03:06:13 AM »
And just downloaded the texture pack you gave. It has many missing textures. So it is normal that it will be a mixture of hires and lowres textures

And the name of the topmost folder is also wrong. It has to be "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" and not "The Legend of Zelda". And the texture pack has many broken png files "libpng warning: Profile size field missing from iCCP chunk" and "libpng warning: Buffer error in compressed datastream in iCCP chunk". And it has broken textures with different sizes for alpha and rgb channels. glide64mk2 is slightly more forgiving, but the creator of these texture packs should really start to do things right.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:29:51 AM by Pau »